Friday, June 22, 2007

Professionalism

My last post was quite a gloomy one. I realized that sometimes i should just skip the ugly details of my life from this blog which i did not do in the last blog. So from now on, i will just keep 'some' of the details to myself and keep this blog as professional as i could. (laughing in background) XDD

I was at the post office for the whole day today. Just to settle some mail and bills. I actually planned to stay there for just an hour seeing how our ministry was bragging about upgrading the services by paying more wages to the government servant. If you think one hour is long, let me tell you about today first.

As i entered the building, there were few seats without people on it with numbered tickets waiting to be announced by that efficient digital voice. "Satu tiga empat dua..". I promptly press the ticket machine and my jaw dropped when i see the number i got. "Satu tiga sembilan sembilan" ! I was like 'OMFGBBQ" . That means there are 56 people more to go! Then i checked the time and the counters. There is only 2 operating counters. It 12.02 pm aka Friday prayers time. No wonder la.

Irked by the scene, i decided to take my brunch at Old Town and stayed there for 2 hours. Zzzzzzzzzzz. When i came back to the post office, it was almost deserted. And there are 4 open counters, only 2 are operating while the other 2 are sitting there chatting. Lucky me, everything was fast. But the scene was a sight of sore eyes. Talk about professionalism. Heh.





p/s : i have in no whatsoever grudges against anyone in this post, just plain opinions. I don't hate our government :)

No comments: