Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Unanimousity??

I recently had the luxury of meeting back some of my old friends.But hmmm, I wouldn't say it's a luxury as i've called them to mention me leaving to Ipoh for work.

In a way, I'm really not the type of person that seeks attention. It's just that since i'm leaving KL to be working in Ipoh for GOD knows how long, i thought i'd at least mentioned it to some of my closest friends.

With a tight schedule, when i got to know that i'll be starting work on 18th it was already 11th of May; naturally i'd want to meet some of them, at least to say a proper goodbye or so. Unbecknownst to me, the friendship(s) i thought we shared was only one sided. Let me describe a phone call i've made recently;

"Hey man, heard u're back in KL. How's things?"

"Oh, i'm fine here, starting work on monday for my Industrial Training"

"Cheh, larnsee (kidding tone) , hehe.. so i've got a job in Ipoh..starting work in 18th..just thought i'd let you know"

Now this is where the conversation's starting to surprise me to a new level.

"So you're savoring your last week in KL trying to meet up as much ppl as possible? "

*surprised by his response*

"Well yeah, if you're free then let's come out yumcha la"

"NO, sorry i cant. Busy today and internship starting next week. Bye"


do..do..do..


He hanged up? I was like wtf???? I've known him for more than a 3 years and this is how he treats me? I'm not saying that he should be like come out even tho he is busy, I was just trying to catch up with someone i take as a friend. Or WAS a friend. The least he can do is patronise me a little. :S 

This really turns my happy week into a sad last week in KL. I have heard of the phrase " People change" so many times before but i never believed it. I know that people dont change. As i never did. Or at least they could change for the better.

I have lost faith in these kinds of people ady. 

Shoo shoo, go away YOU evil spirit. 




2 comments:

Angel Ooh said...

no worries =) we are dinnering tmr~~ woohoo~!
u go away so fast, havnt go bubble gump shrimp leh....hoiyo...

jiahun said...

ya lor ya lor... dont worry! i'll still be back on weekends.. hehe.. so we might still have time.. :)