Monday, March 31, 2008

Tanks and Banks

As most readers have realize now, i don't usually nag about what happen to me on my blog on daily basis. Haha. Partly cause i know no one will read about it and also cause i didn't think it's a wise thing to tell other people about my own bitter misery. In other words, come here and read about my emotional rants instead of my problems. Wahaha...

But hey sometimes i write about happy stuff too. Sometimes it occurred to me that a guy writing emotional blog is girlish. But don-care-lah. Call me girlish or whatever, you'll know me if you KNOW me. I don't really mind. Instead of putting up a tough guy look i'd rather just be a normal guy.

I remember back when i was still in primary, i had this weird wish.

I WANNA GROW UP to be a NORMAL GUY.

WTFBBQ rite?

Maybe it was because i'm the only chinese boy in the school and the school head prefect. People tend to have high expectation on me, even teachers think i would grow up to be an elite. I remember getting As in exams was effortless. I practically didn't study at all, except for UPSR of course.

And when i enter VI, i think my wish was granted. Everyone there was exceptionally good at some or various things. Some are smart, some are StreetSmart, some are naturally good in sports and most of them can really speak their mind out; in ENGLISH. Haha..okay i wasn't born into an English speaking family, only my Dad were able to speak the Queens language. I don't spend much, i practically never been to Sg.Wang back then and the only people i've ever mixed with was Malays and Indians and of course some Sarawakians. Chinese kids were aliens to me.

Some were dumbfounded as i speak Malays fluently instead of Cantonese or Mandarin. I finally felt small, helpless, and NORMAL.

That was when i really work my ass off to be EXTRAORDINARY.

No comments: